- Develop a report to register as a concurrent program
- Create Executable: Link it to Report file(.rdf) created
- Create Concurrent Program: Link to it executable defined in previous step
- Enter Parameters and link Value Sets
- Assign the registered Concurrent Program to a request group
Navigation: Login into Oracle Applications –> Go to Application Developer Responsibility –> Concurrent –> Executable
Here we will register oracle report as a concurrent program
- Executable: This is User Understandable Name
- Short Name: This is Unique and for system reference
- Application: Under which application you want to register this Conc. Program
- Description: Description
- Execution Method: Based on this field, your file has to be placed in respective directory or database.
- Execution File Name: This is the actual Report file name. If you register a PL/SQL Procedure in a package you have to give the packagename.procedure. You don’t need to specify any parameters in procedure here.
Create Concurrent Program:
Navigation: Application Developer –> Concurrent –> Program
- Program: User Understandable Program Name
- Short Name: This should be unique name and for system reference
- Application: Enter the application under which you want to register this conc.prog
- Executable Name: Enter the User Understandable Executable Name
- Method: This will be populated automatically from Executable Definition
- Output Format: Select the format of the output you want
- Output Style: Select A4 to print on A4 Paper
- Printer: You can default any printer or you can enter while submitting concurrent program.
DEFINE PARAMETERS AND VALUE SETS
Navigation: click on Parameters button in above screen
- Seq: It’s always better to enter sequences in multiple of 5 or 10. So that you can insert any additional parameters if you want later in middle.
- Parameter: Name the Parameter Field. This is for system reference
- Description: You can see this description while submitting the conc.prog.
- Value set: “15 Characters” is the standard value set for Character input parameters
- Default Type: This field is not mandatory. If you want to default any particular value to save time while submitting the concurrent program you can do so here.
Current Date : Will be used to pass the Sysdate as default value
Current Time : Will be used to pass the Systime as default value
Constant : Will be used to pass the constant number or date or string as default value
Segment : will be used to get the Previous parameter value as default to the next parameter
SQL Statement: We can pass the SELECT statement result as default value
Profile : This will be used to pass the user profile value as default like userid ,username,respid, respname and so on.
- Required CheckBox : This will be used to make the parameter as mandatory or optional
- Enabled CheckBox: will be used to enable or disable the parameter
- Display CheckBox: will be used to hide or display the parameter
- Prompt: This is the actual message displayed while submitting the conc.prog
- Token: This is used to link this parameter to the parameter defined in actual report file(.rdf)
Assign this Concurrent Program to a request group:
Navigation: Switch to “System Administrator” Responsibility –> Security –> Responsibility –> Request
Action: Open/Double click
Action: Press F11
Action: Select the First record in the “Requests” and then File > New
Action: Enter Your User Readable Name of your concurrent program
Now Your Concurrent Program is ready to use from the responsibilities having” Purchasing Reports” as Request Group.